An entrepreneur who fears risk is like a swimmer who’s afraid of water.
Cheryl Brennan is a Senior Bodywear representative for Essential Bodywear. Brennan has been a part of the ETTWomen community for several years. Her love for her business, passion and support can be felt especially when she is professionally fitting women in uplifting and comfortable bras that instantly make them look and feel better about themselves! If finding the perfect bra has been a challenge for you, we promise you, Cheryl has got you covered!
Being an entrepreneur is scary. If owning your own business was easy, everyone would do it.
No one tells you what to do, which means you get credit for your successes and the blame for the failures. Every decision falls on you to make, big to little. Even writing this is giving me butterflies.
So how do you get anything done?
Obviously there is no perfect answer to this, but I will tell you what works for me; a combination of research and personal experience.
I recently decided to expand my business. I have been knitting custom golf club covers for years and have become quite successful at it. My customers love what I make and I enjoy making them. However, I have hit a plateau. I needed to change what I was doing to move my business in a positive direction. Did I want to start selling wholesale to golf clubs? Did I want to expand my product line? Did I want to invest in advertising and licensing? All of them would require investing time and money on things that I could not guarantee success.
I took all these options, looked at what I already knew about myself and my business, then picked one. Which one? I am currently expanding my product line and services. I now host knitting parties, where people can learn to knit one of my patterns. I sell supplies and accessories, things I know knitters and knitting fans want and are not always easy to find.
Honestly, I just picked one.
Once you make a decision you have to follow through. Give yourself a timeframe. Set yourself tasks and goals. Set a budget! Break it down into bitesize pieces. Seek out support. Give this choice every chance for success. Stick to it, then look back and see how you did.
What change do you want to see in your business? What fears are holding you back?
Crazy Cat Lady Alert!
Being a soloprenuer, the cats of my home are my friends and co-workers. They may not work very hard, but they do work smart. They get what they want and know exactly when to ask for it. There are so many things I could learn from them as a salesperson, here are a few of the best:
Know what you want – Food is generally her target‚ but not always. Sometimes it’s a good scratch she is begging for. She knows what she wants‚ when she wants it‚ and where or who she can get it from. If you don’t know what you want from your customer‚ how are you going to going to get it?
- Know your audience – The cat never goes up to my children to ask for food. Why? Because she knows they are not going to feed her. She also knows that if the person who feeds her is in the kitchen she is most likely to get what she wants. If your know who your customer is‚ and where they are located‚ chance are you are more likely to get their attention. Stop chasing everyone‚ and concentrate on the people that matter.
- Keep them interested – Playing with a ball of yarn on the floor by my feet is more then just cute‚ it’s marketing. It makes me want to take care of her. A little interaction with your audience makes them want to do business with you.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for more – Almost every time I am in the kitchen‚ the cat is at my feet begging for food. There is always the chance in her mind that I will give her a little extra. There is nothing wrong with reminding customers you are there if they are in the mood to make a purchase‚ that little extra May come your way.
What lessons have you learned from observing others? Please share them‚ I would love to hear!
Audrey Puente is Meteorologist/Feature Reporter for WNYW/ Fox 5. Previously, she was Chief Weather Anchor for WWOR-TV/My9 providing forecasts for the station’s “My9 News at Ten.”
Puente joined My9 from WCBS-TV where she provided weather forecasts for “CBS 2 News This Morning” and “CBS 2 News at Noon.” She also provided fill-in reports for the CBS national morning program “The Early Show.” Previously, she served as a meteorologist for WNBC-TV and delivered weekend reports for “Today in New York.” Prior to this, Puente was the weekend meteorologist for WAPT-TV in Jackson, MS., where she appeared on the station’s 5 PM and 10 PM newscasts. Earlier, she served as the weekend weather anchor for WXVT-TV in Greenville, MS and the weekday weather anchor at WJCL-TV in Savannah, GA. Puente began her career as a production assistant for WNYW-TV in New York.
November 18th and 19th, 2016 Bella Vista Country Club 100 School Road East Marlboro, NJ 07746 8:30 AM-4:30PM (Both days)
RESERVE YOUR SEAT HERE!I'm In!
What is ETTWomen’s 360 The Power of Connections Conference?
ETTW brings together entrepreneurs, authors, teachers, artists and visionaries. Our members and attendees receive powerful training, profound mind shifts, groundbreaking ideas, make deep connections and unique opportunities to change their lives and the lives of others through their business.
Our annual conference teaches the most fabulous personal and professional development ideas that help elevate participants’ lives and businesses. Unlike traditional seminars or conferences, ETTW360 is positioned as a unique experience for participants.
Who attends each year?
ETTWomen’s 360 gathers a Tribe of thought leaders in their respective fields who are committed to constant learning and growth. They appreciate transparent and entertaining presentations focused on business and personal growth that expand their mind, inspire ideas and present concepts that have a positive impact on their lives, their community and the world.
They are entrepreneurs who are interested in personal growth and are familiar with basic business and personal growth topics. Their presentation are aimed on creating an experience for participants.
ETTWomen’s 360 attracts visionary speakers and thought leaders from a variety of industries. Latham Thomas, Lisa Lieberman-Wang, Jennifer Longmore, Patty Lennon, Mike Michalowicz, Jennifer Tuma-Young, Jennifer Bronswick, Heather Chauvin, Britt Bolnick, Susan Vernicek, Vallori Thomas, Kelly Lynn-Adams, Courtenay Hall, Janine Strafaci are just some examples of the fabulous speakers who have shared their stories at ETTWomen’s 360 and inspired the lives of hundreds of others in the process.
ETTWomen’s 360 is a perfect opportunity to meet new business partners and get your messages and ideas in front of a crowd who is ready to turn up the volume in their lives and business. The quality of attendees is one-of-a-kind. Speakers and attendees form new business opportunities including joint ventures and strategic partnerships. Not to mention, relationships for life.
As entrepreneurial women, we tend to go all out when it comes to taking care of our business and family, but devoting time to our own health and well-being is usually last on the list. What about taking care of ourselves first, so we can actually take care of the rest like our family and business? Lets take a look at what makes us unique.
Did you know your blood type is the key to unlocking the secrets to your biochemical individuality?
Your Blood Type is the key that unlocks the door to the mysteries of health, disease, longevity, physical vitality and emotional strength. Are you Blood Type A, B, AB, or O? Knowing your blood type is not the only reason while you are giving blood? Research indicates that your blood type is a key genetic factor that influences many areas of your health and well-being.
According to many years of research it has been discovered that one blood type might be more prone for one health issue then from another blood type.
According to American Heart Association they have discovered that:
Blood type may influence heart disease risk
- Having blood type A, B, or AB was associated with a higher risk for coronary heart disease when compared to those who had blood type O.
- Genetics determine blood type, but a healthy lifestyle may help protect those with types A, B or AB.
- The findings were based on two large studies of adults followed for at least 20 years.
Did you notice that some people tend to lose weight more easily, while for others, weight loss for them are more difficult? Or wondered why some people are plagued by certain illness while others stay healthy and vital well into their later years. The answer is in your blood type. Knowing your blood type is an important tool for understanding how your body reacts to food, your susceptibility to disease, your natural reaction to stress, and so much more, by knowing your blood type you could know if you’re at a higher risk to suffer a heart disease and start to take care of that sooner there are great alternatives like https://healthyusa.co/the-blood-cleanse-breakthrough-review-revive-you-cardiac-health-naturally/ to prevent serious health conditions. Stress is a dangerous issue and there are so many ways of fighting it, one of the easiest will be to get a massage machine like foot massagers can relieve stress and they are so easy to use, but you can also find a local spa like the swedish massage sydney which is great . A single drop of blood contains a biochemical makeup as unique to you as your fingerprint.
Below are five facts about your blood type that could change your life:
1. Your blood type may predict your susceptibility for certain diseases.
2. People of different blood types react differently to stress.
3. Your blood type antigens are not just in your blood
4. Gut bacteria is related to blood type.
5. A one-size-fits-all approach to nutrition does not work.
Food fads come and go, but it is clear: everyone does not have the same nutritional needs. We all know someone who is a strict vegetarian and thrives on that diet, while others swear by Atkins or similar low-carb plans. I have found that our nutritional needs can be determined by our blood type. This can allow you to lose weight, reduce inflammation, increase energy and lead a longer, healthier life.
Have you experienced any of these health conditions? These are some of the signs that you might be experiencing problems from Lectins in your diet:
*Bloating and flatulence after meals
*Changes in bowel habits
*Achy joints and muscles
*Fatigue and tiredness
What is a Lectin, you might ask? A chemical reaction occurs between your blood and the foods you eat. This reaction is part of your genetic inheritance. Lectins, abundant and diverse proteins found in foods, have agglutinating properties that affect your blood and the lining of your digestive tract. Lectins are a powerful way for organisms in nature to attach themselves to other organisms in nature.
Is it time to start making healthy choices? Contact me through link below.
This blog piece was originally featured on http://www.beautyfrominsideandout.com/
Angela Serritella is a Licensed Cosmetologist, Naturopathic Doctor, Nutritional Therapist and a Certified Nutritionist who helps her clients feel and look great from inside and out.
She offers natural health options for everyday health concerns. The treatments with her patients include dietary changes, supplementary nutrients, exercise, herbal medicine, natural remedies or homeopathy, she even give advice such as utilizing wide fitting shoes for bunions for those with foot pain. I suggest that if you are going to start working out an taking care of yourself you should get a maidenform waist nipper which will help you get in the best shape.
She offers one-on-one nutrition consultation and weight management services in person and online
Angela is the owner of Beauty From Inside and Out
No problem is insurmountable. With a little courage, teamwork and determination a person can overcome anything. – B. Dodge
No one would pretend that direct sales is easy. If it were, more people would be doing it. It’s commonly said that for every one person who says ‘Yes!’, there are nine who say ‘No!’. If you need to find five people a day to say ‘Yes!’, you will have to talk to fifty people a day.
You need energy, stamina and you need to be able to be as bright and cheerful at six o’ clock at night as you are at eight o’ clock the following morning. If you can’t rise above the trials and tribulations that afflict us all, both in private and in work life, don’t consider a full-time career in direct sales. When I decided to join a direct sales company 18 years ago, what really attracted me was the ability to make my schedule, have qualified people train me and then I was able to find people better than me to build a business with. That was worth all the trials and tribulations I had to go through to make a six figure income.
The truth is building a business isn’t as hard in network marketing as people make it seem. There are systems in place to follow. The challenge is that people over analyze everything and they just don’t follow the system. I had blind faith. I knew I didn’t know anything, so I was extremely coachable. You can be successful in direct sales to if you follow the system that is presented to you and keep these simple things in mind:
- Set a schedule and stick to it – Get a planner that allows you to integrate all areas of your life in it so you have everything with you at all times.
- Find a mentor – In your company and a coach outside of your company. You need non biased views and ideas in my opinion in order to succeed faster. It is well worth the investment in the long run.
- Be a crusader – Own your own products and show potential customers you believe in them.
- Stop making excuses – Invest the time you need to and just get it done.
- Utilize the direct sales model – Do not reinvent the wheel. Follow the model that has already been proven to work.
- Master your craft- Know everything you need to know about your products and service and duplicate your self by training other’s.
- Set up a solid referral system – Once you have learned to use it and you are a pro at getting referrals, make sure you teach it to your associates.
- Recognize your team – Big and small accomplishments are important to reward your team for. Everybody has a sign on them that says “make me feel special.”
- Have a system for recruiting – Know the numbers. How many people do you have to invite to look at your opportunity daily to recruit 1 per week?
- Follow a marketing plan – Spin multiple plates at all times. Face to face prospecting, internet marketing, advertising, vendor events and workshops.
When you stop over thinking it and follow the system in place, you can become a master at direct sales!
I have been in the financial industry in a direct selling company for almost two decades. One of the things I come across when I am recruiting reps and doing the job skills testing to expand my business is that direct sales is often misunderstood. What I want is for people to understand what direct sales really is. Instead of traditional retail outlets or online marketplaces, direct selling maintains a sales force of millions of committed independent entrepreneurs.
These small business owners affiliate with a direct selling company and receive commissions on sales, but work for themselves. Independent direct sellers set their own hours and create their own marketing plans. They determine whether to build a sales team and how to go about mentoring them. Also, how to serve their customers – whether in their homes, online, or at parties with family and friends. This all depends upon the type of company it is. I am in the financial industry so doing an in home party or a meeting to recruit new associate’s wouldn’t be in my home or the home of friends – for obvious reasons.
Aside from the fact that you can start in a network marketing company on a part-time basis while you learn and work from home, you have the ability to make unlimited residual income. The way that you do that is to go out and recruit some awesome people and duplicate yourself over and over. To me, the most attractive part of the business was the ability to recruit and build a team of people I can teach to make a six figure income and run their own business. I would get to override this team and receive residual income forever. The concept is to build a team that becomes self-sufficient and goes on to run their own office, it is like opening multiple franchise outlets. The huge difference is that the average franchise requires a large sum of money to get started. Most direct sales companies require a minimal out-of-pocket expense to get started.
So why not work smarter not harder? One of the best ways to achieve multilevel marketing success is to share the products and business opportunity with other people.
Here are a few tips that will help you to get out there and recruit and build your team:
If you can’t sell yourself, your ideas, your product or service, you will not stay in business. Selling is an essential skill every entrepreneur must master. Starting from the very first day you launch your business you are selling. The overall success of your business actually depends on your ability to sell. Fortunately there are many books, workshops and sales coaches that can help you. The first book on sales that I read a long time ago was How to Master the Art of Selling by Tom Hopkins.
It’s quite easy to start a business. All you need to do is have a cool idea, a product or service to “sell” that idea and finish it off with a business card, right? Wrong. The problem is that this alone does not guarantee your business success. Growing and sustaining a business that provides income that you can live on is the challenge.
Entrepreneurs need to learn sales skills. You can have the best makeup, jewelry, lotion, or be the best coach there is, but how do you make money? Remember the movie “Field Of Dreams” with Kevin Costner? The line was “If you build it they will come.” Well, ladies, I am here to tell you that if you come up with an awesome simply amazing product, they do not just come! Ever! It takes marketing and selling, both of yourself and of your product or service, to bring in the crowd. Do you see how the word selling is the common thread, here? If you do not sell your product or service you do not make money. It will never sell itself and that just how it goes.
Every entrepreneur needs practical sales skills! They have to learn simple sales tools and strategies in order to grow and succeed in business. I have witnessed many great products developed with an incredible passion fail because there wasn’t enough money coming in to sustain the business.
The good news is that anyone can learn sales skills. Almost nobody is born a great sales person. On the contrary, the case is usually that the most creative people who established the best products have no sales skills at all! Everyone just needs to change their mindset about what selling is. My advice is, take sales classes. Make sure you read books on selling, and yes, even hire a sales coach. I promise, if you do these things and you have a great product or service you believe in, you will see your business not only survive, but grow and thrive!
Contact Me with comments or questions or just to say hello!
- Be specific: unspecific goals will create the problem of losing track of where your business is going.
- Create a business plan: it is a great way to outline goals as well as calculate finances and tools that will help accomplish those goals.
- Set both short-term goals and long-term goals: turning dreams into business goals, as we should, is very easy…but shorter, more technical goals can help better track your success.
- Stay committed: an obvious point, but think of lifestyle changes that will help you commit to the goals that you have made.
- Make goals public: Make your business and goals associated with it as public as possible. If you only share with friends and family, then so be it. This will help motivate you to complete goals — keep your business on track, but it will also hold you accountable.
- Be realistic: It’s ok to dream, but set achievable goals for a given time frame.
- Set relevant goals: If a goal ends up providing little or nothing to the growth of the business, then why continue to pursue it. A relevant goal would be, for example: outsourcing some of things that may be overwhelming your productivity.
- Create an action plan for each goal: “I’d like to own my own store some day”, is not enough. Have a goal-by-goal plan to complete broader goals like this: make the goal actionable.
- Keep everything in line when working on a new goal: Reaching goals means business and lifestyle changes, so assess that your finances and other forms of security are still tightly in place throughout the process.
- Take a step back to analyze the progress: Take what you’ve learned onto the next goal. As an example, if you’re trying to market your business better, what marketing strategies have worked? Which haven’t work?
Have you defined your business goals for the coming year? Please share below in the comment section.