You Can Succeed in Direct Sales
No problem is insurmountable. With a little courage, teamwork and determination a person can overcome anything. – B. Dodge
No one would pretend that direct sales is easy. If it were, more people would be doing it. It’s commonly said that for every one person who says ‘Yes!’, there are nine who say ‘No!’. If you need to find five people a day to say ‘Yes!’, you will have to talk to fifty people a day.
You need energy, stamina and you need to be able to be as bright and cheerful at six o’ clock at night as you are at eight o’ clock the following morning. If you can’t rise above the trials and tribulations that afflict us all, both in private and in work life, don’t consider a full-time career in direct sales. When I decided to join a direct sales company 18 years ago, what really attracted me was the ability to make my schedule, have qualified people train me and then I was able to find people better than me to build a business with. That was worth all the trials and tribulations I had to go through to make a six figure income.
The truth is building a business isn’t as hard in network marketing as people make it seem. There are systems in place to follow. The challenge is that people over analyze everything and they just don’t follow the system. I had blind faith. I knew I didn’t know anything, so I was extremely coachable. You can be successful in direct sales to if you follow the system that is presented to you and keep these simple things in mind:
- Set a schedule and stick to it – Get a planner that allows you to integrate all areas of your life in it so you have everything with you at all times.
- Find a mentor – In your company and a coach outside of your company. You need non biased views and ideas in my opinion in order to succeed faster. It is well worth the investment in the long run.
- Be a crusader – Own your own products and show potential customers you believe in them.
- Stop making excuses – Invest the time you need to and just get it done.
- Utilize the direct sales model – Do not reinvent the wheel. Follow the model that has already been proven to work.
- Master your craft- Know everything you need to know about your products and service and duplicate your self by training other’s.
- Set up a solid referral system – Once you have learned to use it and you are a pro at getting referrals, make sure you teach it to your associates.
- Recognize your team – Big and small accomplishments are important to reward your team for. Everybody has a sign on them that says “make me feel special.”
- Have a system for recruiting – Know the numbers. How many people do you have to invite to look at your opportunity daily to recruit 1 per week?
- Follow a marketing plan – Spin multiple plates at all times. Face to face prospecting, internet marketing, advertising, vendor events and workshops.
When you stop over thinking it and follow the system in place, you can become a master at direct sales!